The time has come and I have to say that it's bittersweet. Our last little baby has graduated kindergarten. Her teacher, Miss Ritter wrote a poem for the class.
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
adapted from Dr. Suess
Congratulations!
Today is your day!
You're off to great places, you're off and away!
You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
Now you're off to first grade.
That's such great news!
Small groups, fun songs, and early releases,
Sorry to say, but those all go to pieces.
But look up ahead- you're such a bright crew.
Big playground and lunches are waiting for you.
First grade is hard work, not all games and fun,
But I know you're ready for that big number 1!
So goodbye Miss Ritter and Mrs. Nielsen, too!
Oh the places you'll go are just waiting for you!
Don't forget to come see me,
come back for the hugs,
Because this kindergarten class
I hold with such love!
Miss Ritter 2009



No comments:
Post a Comment